The Student Partners Program also referred as SPP, is an administrative structure designed and implemented in partnership between the Canadian visa offices in India and Colleges and Institutes of Canada (CIC). The main purpose behind this program was to upgrade the student visa process for Canadian Community Colleges. The purpose is to increase the number of student visas issued to Indian students who want to study at Canadian Community Colleges. The Student Partners Program (SPP) involves close cooperative partnership and feedback from the participating colleges to ensure student compliance with the terms of their study permits.
STUDENT PARTNERS PROGRAM (SPP) FOR CANADA
STUDENT PARTNERS PROGRAM (SPP) FOR CANADA
Advantages of applying for student visa under SPP
- Streamlined admission and Student visa guidelines for all SPP participating Canadian institutions.
- Simple Student visa application process and less visa documentation.
- Faster Student visa processing.
Eligibility Criteria for SPP
- To apply, an overall IELTS score of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 is required. Overall, a score of 6.5 bands is required for PG programs & programs related to Health: Dental, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy and Nursing.
- As per the requirement of the SPP institution, minimum 2nd Class / 50% score in their highest degree or diploma completed by them so far.
- Not more than 8 backlogs in recent studies are accepted under Canadian SPP program.
- The course applied must be relevant to the student’s previous education background and must add some value to the candidate’s profile.
- Experience: Maximum up to 5 years will be valid with genuine work experience documents.
- Students who have previously denied for their Canadian study permit application cannot apply under SPP program.
- Proof of payment of the tuition fee for one semester or one year (as asked by the SPP College).
- College Fees: CAD $13,000 to $17,000 for 1 year (2 Semester) is the tuition fees. *Depends upon the selected program.
- Students must buy special GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) from Scotia bank OR ICICI Bank Canada of CAD$10,000. This is done to manage their first year living expenses in Canada. The refund of the GIC fund is done once the student reaches Canada (1st installment will be deposited in your Scotia Bank personal account with an amount of $2,000 CAD along with accrued interest and rest $8,000 CAD amount will be deposited in the form of fixed term GIC of 1-year. In 12 monthly installments, your complete GIC amount and interest amount is repaid to you in your personal account.
- Tuition fees can be transferred from parents account but GIC fund should be transferred from Student’s account only. We recommend you to apply for GIC account as soon as you get LOA (conditional / unconditional).
- Age up to 25 Years (With genuine work experience).
- Process Time: 15 to 20 days for visa process.
Following is the current list of participating Canadian Community Colleges in SPP program:
1. Algonquin College
2. Assiniboine Community College
3. Bow Valley College
4. Cambrian College of Applied Arts & Technology
5. Camosun College
6. Canadore College
7. Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology
8. College of New Caledonia
9. College of the Rockies
10. Columbia College
11. Conestoga College
12. Confederation College of Applied Arts & Technology
13. Douglas College
14. Durham College
15. Fanshawe College of Applied Arts & Technology
16. Fleming College
17. George Brown College
18. Georgian College of Arts & Technology
19. Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
20. Kwantlen Polytechnic University
21. Lakeland College
22. Langara College
23. Lambton College of Applied Arts & Technology
24. LaSalle College
25. Loyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology
26. Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology
27. Medicine Hat College
28. Mohawk College of Applied Arts & Technology
29. Niagara College
30. North Island College
31. Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
32. Northern College
33. Northern Lights
34. NorQuest College
35. Okanagan College
36. Parkland College
37. Red River College of Applied Arts, Science & Technology
38. Saskatchewan Polytechnic
39. Sault College
40. Selkirk College
41. Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
42. Sheridan College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
43. St. Clair College of Applied Arts & Technology
44. St. Lawrence College
45. University of the Fraser Valley
46. Vancouver Community College
47. Vancouver Island University
SPP CANADA FULL CHECKLIST: APPLICATION FOR STUDY PERMIT
The checklists for study permit application have been improved to help student’s application process simple. All students are strongly advised to abide by the necessary documentation required and submit them to process the application function smoothly.
- IELTS test results with overall band not less than 6.0, with no individual band lower than 5.5. The results must be taken from the test taken in the last 24 months.
- Copy of receipts for tuition payment provided by the SPP institution.
- Proof of funds: You MUST demonstrate the purchase of a special (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution, with a figure of $10,000 CAD to manage your first year living expenses in Canada.
- Applications will not be accepted by VFS under the Student Partner Program without a copy of the formal GIC document. Applicants are advised not to use any sort of wire transfer or bank remittances in place of proof for GIC purchase. Such things are non-acceptable.
- Letter of Acceptance from your SPP Canadian Educational Institution. It must state about the unconditional admission, name of the course, study duration, study level, and possible dates of admission.
- The Photostat copy of the latest diploma or leaving certificate or mark sheets must be submitted. (Consolidated mark sheets are not at all acceptable for the entire program).
- Study Permit Questionnaire.
- Original, valid passport and a photocopy of the biodata (photo) page. Don’t forget to attach all the cancelled or expired passports, if you carry any. The passport validity must comply with the study permit validity. In no case, the study permit validity exceeds the passport validity.
- Two photographs meeting the photograph specifications with a white background for yourself and each family member requesting a visa. The photographs should have your name printed on the back, dated and taken in the past 6 months.
- Copy of medical examination form IMM 1017.
- For study program that exceeds 6 months duration, a medical exam is conducted. An up-front medical examination is conducted for the SPP applicants.
- If you have typed ‘Yes’ in the application form with the queries asked on your background, you must include the Schedule 1 form (Temporary Resident Visa-IMM 5257B application) with your signature.
- We strongly recommend that you submit your application at least three months ahead of your proposed date of travel. Applications that are received after 01 April for May entry, after 01 August for September entry and after 01 December for January entry will not normally be processed in time for the beginning of classes and may be refused.
- Family Information Form (IMM 5645) fully completed, signed and dated.
- When submitting your completed and signed application form, be sure to include the barcode (last) page.
- Any document not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Failure to submit all required documentation may result in the refusal of your application or delay processing.
- False statements or submission of fraudulent documents will result in refusal.
- Accompanying spouse and children of all ages must submit their own application forms.
- This checklist should be used in conjunction with the IMM 5483 Document Checklist for a Study Permit.
Perquisites of SPP Pre-application medical examination
When visiting the panel doctor / physician, you must carry the following documents:
- 5 passport size photos
- Original passport
- A photocopy bio data (photo) page of your passport
- Your letter of acceptance from an SPP college
Working in Canada during Study
Students are legally permitted to work during regular academic sessions for around 20 hours a week. They can work either full time or during schedules breaks of winter, summer and spring holidays. Full time students, who are enrolled in Canadian DLI institute, are allowed to work part time legally.
Working in Canada after Study
According to the running Canadian Work permit regulations, students who are taking up the courses with 2 or more year’s duration are allowed for post study work permit and that too for 3 years. On the contrary, those who are taking up the course with duration of 1 year or less than that are allowed for work permit similar to their study duration. Work permit is open for all those students who have achieved their graduation degree from an authorized Canadian Institution, either from a SPP college or Non-SPP college. The Work permit scheme has its own requirements which every student must satisfy in order to work in Canada.
Students Reviews on Facebook and Google
Mihir VaghelaConfederation College, Canada
My name is Mihir Girishkumar Vaghela. I have completed my Bachelor of Engineer in 2017 from Ahmedabad Institute of Technology. After graduation i wanted to study abroad. So i decided to study in Canada. I started preparing for IELTS and scored 7 bands. Now, the main question was from where to apply? Then i came to know about competitive careers... read more03/08/2018
Ronak parikhConestoga College, Canada
Hello I m Ronak Parikh, I feel very joyful on receiving my Canada Student visa within 1 month for Sep-2018 intake in Conestoga College for Diploma in Finance program. In IELTS I scored overall 6.5. I came to know about competitive careers Pvt. Ltd. From my cousin as he got the student visa guidance from here itself. My two friends... read more14/06/2018
Raiyan AkhunjiCanada under SPP
My name is Reyyan. I have completed my B.E (Computer Science) here in Ahmedabad. I scored in IELTS 6.5 bands overall. I came to Competitive Careers for inquiry of Canada Student visa and they provided me very clear picture about the process. And as they mentioned the process was completed within the time frame. They are very transparent about the... read more10/08/2017
Harsh VaishnavLambton college Canada
I've got 6 overall bands in IELTS Academic and was little worried about the admission as I was planning for Canada. But then I came to Competitive Careers for the consultancy for the further process. Upendra Sir gave me that confidence and made my way out. After joining, I was guided by Aditya Sir who is expert in counselling and... read more22/03/2017
Raj PatelMohawk college Canada
I am very grateful to competitive careers for coming to my rescue and guiding me towards the right path and finally helping me to secure student visa to study in canada.It is my dream come true.The entire staff is through professional and i recommend my family and friends to approach competitive careers if you are planning to study abroad.Thanks BHAVIKA... read more03/12/2016