Insights about International Student recruitment from India: Trends before the pandemic and during the Pandemic
- August 12, 2021
- Posted by: Rupesh Patel
- Category: rupeshpatel
This blog will be enough for you to get all the insights related to International Student recruitment from India to the 5 most popular English-speaking study destinations before and during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Some of the important observations from the Table and charts:
- You can see a constant rise in the numbers as well as the market share of Canada. Moreover, looking at the last few years it’s steady near to the 50% and more than 1,00,000 Indian students each year. You can see a constant rise in the market share of the number of students who want to study in Canada. Moreover, looking at the last few years the share is steady near to 50% and more than 1,00,000 Indian students travel each year to Canada.
- In addition to PSW and Pathway to PR for students; It seems that Canada has gained an advantage because of the downfall in numbers for the US, during the Trump Era – Loss of the USA has been a gain for Canada.
- You can see a constant rise in the numbers as well as the market share of the UK in 2019 and 2020.
[bctt tweet=”The UK is the only country that has recruited more Indian students during the Pandemic year 2020 compared to 2019.”]
- The UK’s new PSW has attracted record numbers of Indian students. It seems that the UK would have had more numbers of students if the COVID-19 situation had not been there at all. In addition to PSW, the majority of Indian students value the brand the UK has and its quality of Education along with the positive impact of the long history of Indo-UK education ties.[bctt tweet=”Canada and the UK are constantly sending positive signals to international students by providing benefits like PSW for offshore digital education. Canada and the UK kept their momentum going despite the challenges faced due to the Pandemic.”]
- The new government of the US is sending positive signals to the international students and Pro-immigration policies. Below given numbers and various surveys reflect the positive mood of the market on the same point. 2021 and 2022 can be the year of the comeback for the USA and may offer tough competition to all other study destinations.
- Looking at the trends; Canada will continue to be at the top, the UK and the USA might have tough competition for 2nd and 3rd position, Australia might be at 4th and New Zealand will be definitely at 5th position in the Post Pandemic world (2022). 2022 will be interesting for sure!
- Australia has a drop of 56% in visa grants during the year 2020 and a drop of 71% in visa grants during the Pandemic (Q2 to Q4, 2020). In the post-pandemic times, Australia will have to offer more benefits to international students to attract the right number and right kind of students to compete with Canada / UK / USA.
You can see the Market Share % as well as Fresh student visa grants of the top five popular study destinations for 2014 to 2020 in the below tables and chart. Please note that here I have calculated the market share based on the total of these 5 popular English-speaking study destinations only. I deliberately kept separate data for Q1 Vs Q2 to Q4 as market dynamics changed due to the response of destination countries to Pandemic.
Please feel free to share your observations in the comment section of this blog. If you like this blog, please share it with your friends/colleagues.